Monday, August 28, 2006

This is for Jaena... After all, it is all your fault, you know...

Here goes the beginning of who knows what. I am officially joining the "club" of bloggers. I am a novice at this though, so please excuse the fact that I am so "green". What does one put in a blog? How much do I share? Hmmm...

Besides joining the world of bloggers, I have also recently joined another world. What other world, you ask? Well I am now a parent of a school aged child. I do the drop off and pick up everyday. I get up early, get myself and my girls ready and head out the door before we even used to wake up. No more sleeping in...
Now I take Emma to school and leave her there all day. It is scary leaving your child in the hands of others for the bulk of the day.
I used to be on the other end of that exchange. I was the "other" that took care of precious children... anywhere from 28 to 36 of them, depending on the year. Up until recently, my experiences with school were either as a student or a teacher, but never as a parent. It is bizarre to be on this side of it. I look in the classroom and I think "I used to do that". I see Emma's school work and I remember giving such assignments. I hear her comments and I remember what my kindergarten classes were like. In some ways, having her school makes me miss teaching. In other ways, I am thankful that I am not a teacher now. Who knows what the future will hold...
For now, I will just enjoy being a parent, dropping off my kindergartener, and enjoying the day at home with my preschooler...

1 comment:

Jaena said...

Yippee! You did it! And what a great start: just the type of stuff blogs are made of (or would it be "of which blogs are made")?

Looking forward to future posts...no pressure. :o)