Saturday, December 30, 2006

I think I surprised him...

Today is Dave's birthday. It is a monumental year... he is entering into a new decade. In order to properly celebrate, I thought it would be fun to have a lifelong friend of his from California come visit. I spoke with Darin and his wife Janie about it this summer when we saw them and they seemed interested. Earlier in the fall, Darin let me know the flight was booked. I kept the secret for months. That was hard to do. It became really difficult the last few days. Fortunately we had an appraisal set the day before Darin and Janie showed up, so getting the house ready for company was easy enough to do. The closer it got to their arrival though, the more excited I was, and the harder it was to not tell Dave. But I managed to keep quiet and he was very shocked when he opened the front door yesterday and there stood Darin and Janie! He was in shock for a long time. It has been fun having them here. I am so thankful they could make it out here and celebrate Dave's big day. I am sure it is a birthday surprise Dave will not soon forget. :-)

5 comments:

ANDERSEN CONSTRUCTION said...

Wow! That was a good surprise...you didn't even mention it to me and I've talked to you a million times this month! Happy Birthday Dave...I'm guessing this means that you are catching up to Dan and me :D

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, Ronda! Maybe we should all get together for an after birthday celebration. We miss seeing you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th birthday Dave:)!! Hee hee!! I'm glad you were able to surprise him - I'm sure it will be a lasting birthday memory:)!

We are dug out from the snow for now but I must admit we haven't seen so much consecutively in quite some time:). It was a nice change of pace and well timed:).

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you - - - but find your comments on Jaena's blog, and just randomly came to your blog today.

My birthday is ALSO the 30th. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dave. (A little late, I know)

Anonymous said...

Wow, impressive.