After being "DSL-less" for 3 weeks, I am back! We just got it today. It feels great to be back!
Emma started 1st grade last week. She loves it! She is so eager do get her homework done as soon as she walks in the door from school. Emma loves academia!
Anna started preschool this week. This was going to be my first couple days of "freedom". I would drop her off and have no responsibilities for a couple of hours. But then I was asked to sub at her school. So I dropped Anna off and went into another classroom and helped out there. It went well, but I am looking forward to next week. I won't be subbing and I can drop her off and leave. Sounds too good to be true. :-)
As far as house updates... we are out of our old house and the new owners are in. It really isn't "ours" anymore. We are settled into the "teeny tiny house" as much as we can be at this point. We are ready for the new place! We had our "pre-construction" appointment last week and they said they could start building this week. That was until it started POURING rain. It has been so dry all summer until this week. What is with that?!? So I am still waiting on the call that says they will pour the foundation.
This waiting period is hard. I am a planner. I want to know exactly when we can move in. Exactly when things will be finished. I am ready to plan, to move in, to decorate, to live life in the new house. I am thankful for the house we are in, but some days the walls seem to get closer. The bathroom seems smaller everyday for the 4 of us to share. The kitchen seems smaller every day too. I know I am spoiled to know life with 3 toilets for 4 people to share, to have had a big kitchen to cook in. I appreciate some of the simplicities to life in this house, but I dream of all the space we can spread out in. I will be dreaming for a few more months at least...
3 comments:
Yay for DSL! If it wasn't so stinking hot, we could do something fun outside! Maybe next week, we could walk with the girls!
I ALWAYS love finding new blog posts!!!
Welcome back! I've missed hearing from you! I'm sure you've heard others say the time will pass quickly and this "little house" (not Little House on the Prarie) episode will seem like just a blip of time in the grand scheme of things. You'll look back on it (hopefully) with fond memories...make the best of it and remember...there's always friend's houses to escape to!!
Post a Comment