Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Good Talking To

They (Arbor Homes) say it takes three days to frame a house. So, by now ours should be framed, right? Well, it would be if it the rain wouldn't get in the way. So far our house still looks like it did last Thursday. It rained on Friday. It poured on Saturday - which made for really muddy roads! Nothing was done yesterday even though it didn't rain. I am guessing the roads were still too muddy. There were a bunch of "mini lakes" visible from the bypass. I heard rain was in the forecast for today. Hmmm.....

We were driving in the car on Sunday and had an interesting conversation with Emma. Actually, it was more of a "talking to" form her. It went something like this...

E: (pretty much out of the blue), "Would you rather have rain or the house?"
I was thinking... "What are you talking about?!"
Dave: "What do you mean, Emma?"
E: "Well, would you rather have the water we need to live or have the new house?"
D: "Do you mean we could live with the rain, but be dead in the new house?"
E: "Yeah. We need the rain to live. We don't need the house to live."
E: "We need to be patient with the new house. I know it is hard. Sometimes, I don't like to be patient. But we need to try. This rain is a good thing. The house will still be built. We just have to wait."

How is that for a lecture from a 6 1/2 year old?

4 comments:

Marion said...

Out of the mouth of babes comes the wisdom of God eh?! What a special gift she is! Their perspective on life is so simple. It's good to be reminded:)!

Lisa said...

Oh, a good laugh is so wonderful. I was laughing out loud reading this! I made Phil open his computer and go read it. He's laughing now.

Thanks for the humor. Do you think you've gotten thru to her on waiting? Hmm... :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Go Emma!!!

Shannon said...

So incredibly profound!! How sweet! I was thinking that maybe if you made cookies for the workers- that they would build faster!