As far as a house update, there is no news to report. They are still working on the roads; nothing has been done to the house. There are piles of brick in front of the house... but they are just sitting there. No siding, no brick, no drywall, nothing. We do have our "pre-drywall" meeting next Tuesday. I hope they don't call before then and change the date again due to the lack of roads. I have been able to be patient about it all this week though. I am feeling a little antsy at the moment, but otherwise, I have been very calm. :-)
I have a lot of family in town this weekend, which helps keep my mind off house construction. My Grandma and two sets of aunts and uncles are here from Colorado. It is always fun to see them. (It would be nice to be able to have some of them stay with us... but that has to wait until we have room...) We have been hanging out at my parents' house in the evenings.
I went on another field trip with Anna's preschool class. This time we went to the pumpkin patch. It was fun. It rained the night before and even a little that morning, but by the time we arrived at the pumpkin patch, the sky was blue. It turned out to be a very nice day.
It has been a long time since I have had any health issues to report for Anna. She still continues to do well. We saw her opthomologist this past Tuesday for a routine checkup. We were going every four months and we are now able to go six months between visits. We see the rheumatologist this next Thursday and would love to have her say the same thing. Anna still complains of pain every once in awhile, but she does not seem to have the same pain she used to. I am really hoping and praying she outgrows the JRA. When she was first diagnosed, we were told that 80% of kids with JRA outgrow it, but she might be in the 20% that wouldn't. It has been two years since any major flair up. Since that time, I have only seen minor issues. Mostly complaints and grumpiness. She still needs medicine every once in awhile (maybe a few times a month), not daily like a couple of years ago. I am very thankful!
I don't mean to leave Emma out of updates on this blog. She is doing well. She loves school and is doing very well in all areas. She is becoming quite the reader! It is fun to watch her grow and learn.
Well, I guess that is life here at the Toevs household for this moment in time. I will keep reporting as things change. :-)
4 comments:
Hey - - - I saw CURBS the other day when I went by - - - and TODAY I saw SOME of the roads ARE paved!!! Maybe progress is beginning to happen.
Love the updates! Wish we could have been among the Colorado relatives to visit you all...Maybe next time! Glad that all is well and Anna is enjoying more health these days! Have a great week!
Hey there! I'm glad you had fun seeing mom and dad. Wish they could be here...we have been busy...I did update my blog, so you can kinda catch up with us too! Talk to you later!
J
Bricks!!! Can't wait to see 'em - - -
Post a Comment