Saturday, August 09, 2008

Whirlwind

Our life looks so much different than it did just a week. So much has gone on this week. What you ask? Well, here is a little timeline…

Last Friday - Dave had an interview with Mississinewa Schools. They offered him a position as a Special Education Teacher at Westview. He took it.
Monday - he resigned from Marion Community Schools and began cleaning out his classroom.
Tuesday - I went in to help, and by lunch time, we had loaded up both cars with boxes, posters, area rugs, books and anything else he had in his classroom.
Wednesday – we went to Westview and began moving in.
Thursday – I interviewed at Allen (Dave’s former school) for a Literacy Specialist Position. I had subbed last year in this capacity and now that Anna will be in Kindergarten, I was applying to do it again this year.
Thursday - We decided to send our kids to Westview. They are excited about being at the same school that Daddy works at.
Friday – I had an interview with Mississinewa for an aide position. (I found out before going to the interview that the Literacy Specialist was given to another teacher.) As I was in the interview, I was offered a position as the “Waterford Lab” teacher at Northview. I still don’t know exactly what that will look like. I do know that it will be in a computer lab though. There will be no grading, no take-home work. :-)

A week ago, Dave was working for Marion, our kids were going to Kendall and I was staying home full time. Today, Dave is working for Mississinewa and our kids are going to Westview. I am also working for Mississinewa – no longer a “stay-at-home-mom”, but now a “working mom”. I am excited about all the changes. But, what a whirlwind! I am still trying to wrap my mind around it all.

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Transition - - - - seems daunting at the time, but you'll be surprised how quickly it all becomes the "old" routine.

Congratulations on the new jobs.

Shannon said...

That is a crazy week. Isn't it neat how God surprises us sometimes. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty great!!:) I hope to post a blog with that much good news in it soon. We need a whirlwind or windfall of good things here:). I'm happy for you guys - you definitely deserved the blessings!!

Marion said...

The comment above is from me btw...thought I logged in but maybe not...?:) Oops!

The Miller Clan said...

WOW! Congratulations! Should be exciting. It will be so much fun for the girls to be at the same school! How exciting for you all.
Love you guys!
J