February 23, my Grandma went home to be with Jesus. I had prayed that God would heal her; knowing that that really only meant one thing... but I didn't want her to be in pain on this earth. I am still sad though that she is no longer here. I miss her. She was a great woman. She was spunky. She was a talented quilter. She was a fantastic cook. I blame her for my size; I definitely didn't inherit Grandpa's dutch genes. :)
I keep hearing phrases Grandma would say... "Oh, forever more!" "For crying out loud!" "Hi-eee" "Hallo" .
I keep picturing her standing with her hand on her hip, a tissue under her watch and/or belt, always wearing a dress (she did recently wear pants, but I missed it!), her SAS shoes...
Her absence leaves a void on this earth, but I am sure she is enjoying the presence of God. I know she is able to stand tall in heaven.
I will always love my Grandma and I will miss her always. She was a special lady.
Until I see you again, Lillian Tuin...

1 comment:
Dear Ronda,
The memories you posted brought me closer to you and grandma.
Love,
David
Post a Comment