
Tonight was quite an experience! Kendall had their first "Skate Night" of the year... Emma's first skate night of her life. In order for Emma to skate, I had to skate with her. It has been YEARS since I have put on roller skates. These were not cool rollerblades, but the old orange 4 wheel skates with the big orange stopper on the toe. I always get grossed out putting on rental skates. Who knows how many people have worn these... were their socks clean? Did they have a foot fungus? Did they sweat in the skates? Gives me the heebie-geebies just thinking about it! Anyway, after getting my feet in the skates, I had to actually skate! That came back to me easily, but teaching Emma was hard to do. She did pretty good considering. There were a few times when her body was flailing around uncontrollably and she landed on her bottom a couple of times, but other than that, she did great! Man, if I fell the way some of those kids fell, I would never recover. I can't imagine doing the splits on skates. Yikes! It was fun though to see Emma having so much fun. That is what it is all about anyway.
1 comment:
Skating at the Idyl Wyld...ahhh the memories. I agree about the falling: kids don't have as far to fall so I figure it must not hurt as much.
Post a Comment