Thursday, February 22, 2007

Technology... good or bad?

I love technology. I love the speed of the computer. I love the internet. I love email.
I hate technology. I hate computers. I hate the internet. I hate email.

There are two sides to every coin!

I am having minor computer issues at the moment... hence my frustration. It is nothing that can't be resolved by someone who knows a little about computer settings. But for the moment, it means that I am using my parent's computer because I can't log on to blogger on my computer. I felt lost today not being able to do the things I wanted to do online. Amazing how much I rely on the use of the internet!
And email... I enjoy getting emails and I prefer to send them vs making phone calls or sending real letters. However the flip side of that means that my mailbox (the one attached to my house) is only used for bills and junk. Rarely do we get anything meaningful in the mail anymore. I used to be so bummed by that. Don't get me wrong, I still love meaningful mail, but anymore I am not phased by the lack of it.

All of this just got me wondering... is technology really all that good? My answer... yes and no. What do you think?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, if we didn't have technology, you wouldn't read my blog and see how you had inspired me to write; you wouldn't get to view all the great pics on the SS website, and most of all, you wouldn't hear from me...in your real box or inbox of your computer because we all know that Lisa doesn't often find time to connect unless over the phone, email, or at a party!

Technology isn't all that bad...GET A MAC! Just ask Jaena...she loves hers too! It's worth the switch and so much less hassle. I won't ever go back.

Marion said...

I think there is a little good and bad in any technological advance. We're more dependant on it but man it makes life easier:)!