Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Toothless


Today is a day for the history books... at least for the history books in our house. Emma lost her first tooth today. Just yesterday she was almost in tears because she was the only one in her class that hadn't lost a tooth yet. Now she is part of the toothless club. (Of course, she is not completely toothless; after all, she did only lose a bottom tooth, but soon she will be toothless... the top may come out any day and there are 2 other teeth that are also loose.)
When I went to pick her up from school she was so excited! She came running up to me with her mouth open wide, pointing to the space in her mouth. She said, "You were right, Mom, it didn't even hurt!" She said it just fell out. She was in such fear of the pain that she thought would be involved. Now she knows, it really doesn't hurt. Tonight the tooth fairy will make a visit. Wonder what she'll leave for Emma...

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - maybe I can't see - - - but to me it looks like this girl is missing TWO teeth - - - one on the bottom, and an incisor on the top. Just my imagination?

Funny how our children can worry over these milestones - - - I remember some similar things with my kids.

Toevs said...

The top is where the super loose one is. There is a gap, but the tooth is still there. I hope that one falls out quickly!

Marion said...

I guess I can't believe Emma is loosing teeth...:O! I can remember when she was getting them when we came to CA and stayed with you overnight. Where is time going?

Keetha Broyles said...

Has that second really loose one fallen out yet?

Deb said...

What does the tooth fairy leave at your house?

Lisa said...

Welcome to the ongoing tooth-losing faze. For awhile, Lilly could give the best turtle face (tongue thru all four front teeth) look around. It was really cute. She still thinks she can do it, but it's not as funny.

Did you know you can look up the tooth fairy online? There is even a certificate from Flossy the Tooth Fairy. It's really cute. Family Fun has a cute box you can make to hang on your door (or put under your pillow) for the tooth.

Here's a funny one...we have this "ritual" of saying we have to call the tooth fairy to let her know when Lilly has lost a tooth. She seems to like to lose them just before bed. We've told her we weren't sure we could reach the tooth fairy because she has to leave early to get to all the kids in time while they sleep. (an excuse for not having ANY $$ on hand!) We've also had at least one time we forgot (she doesn't make it easy when she stirs when we go in or sleeps RIGHT ON TOP of the tooth!). We convinced her that the tooth fairy doesn't work on the weekends. (one time we forgot for 2 nights in a row...she was miffed!), so we had to pay a bit extra to cover up the tooth fairy's forgetfulness. I could tell you all kinds of funny stories. We'll have to do it over Tree of Life drinks!

Keetha Broyles said...

Confession time: While raising four children, there were several times that the Tooth Fairy FORGOT to come for the younger two!!! Oh my - - - - we had to scramble around, make excuses for her, phone her up, and BEG her to come the next night - - - -

Our Tooth Fairy was pitiful.

Jaena said...

One Christmas, my mom gave my brother and I all of the notes we had written the Tooth Fairy (I would ask for specific things like "ribbons for my hair") as well as our TEETH they had saved over the years.

Fortunately, this was after we were "adults" but still...kind of gross, don't you think? Not a tradition I plan to continue (sorry, mom).

jenny marvin mealy said...

Congrats to Emma! What a great club to be a part of, that toothless one-Jake still gets excited about loose teeth!