Wouldn't you know it... the first snow of the season fell the day before we move. Now that will make for an interesting move! It won't stop us though. :-)
I had a meeting with the building superintendent this morning... this is really going to happen. We will be the first ones in the whole subdivision to close on our house. Two others will close tomorrow as well, so we won't be all alone out there. Our street still is the only street with water, though. I do feel bad for some other families that have been waiting longer than us! This has got to stink for them!
The girls wanted to go out and make snow angels at 7:30 this morning. I didn't let them though. Mean Mom, huh? It just seemed too cold and early to be playing outside. It is a great day for staying indoors, drinking hot cocoa and PACKING!!!
17 comments:
I'm so happy to hear about your closing!!!
I was already AT SCHOOL when we cancelled. Oh well, that's OK, I had PLENTY to do there.
But I'm home now.
You cancelled? We just had a 2 hour delay.
The sun is out now... I always like snow better when the sun is shining!
Yes, well our student drivers come in from ALL of the outlying school districts - - - including Kokomo. So, we have to factor that in. When Oak Hill, Eastbrook, Madison Grant, and Mississenewa start cancelling, we do too.
Yes- tell them to come over any time!! Well you're moving away from us- but yay!!
Today is an exciting day- Happy closing!
Did we close??? Did we close???
OK - - - not one word from you since Thursday. I'm GUESSING this means you DID close and are now busy settling in.
I keep coming and coming and coming here looking for a comment or something to tell us the "scoop."
I drove by TWICE today (going and coming to our church) and I CRANED my neck in your direction to see if I could see any activity over there - - -
All I managed to do was cause a traffic jam. (slight exaggeration)
Last night when I drove by on my way to church in the semi-dark, I saw LOTS of lights in houses in your new neighborhood - - - I'm HOPING that means some moving in has been going on and NOT just that the builders left all those lights on.
It actually looked all cozy and inviting like a "real" neighborhood!!!!
Sooo...You're in the new house I hoping and guessing??!! Hooray! What a nice early c-mas gift:)!
So are you moved?
What Vickie said - - -
I'm going to assume that you are WAY too busy unpacking, decorating for Christmas, and otherwise getting settled into that new house to even put a comment on here letting us KNOW what's going on with your move. That or your computer fell off the moving van and you have to wait for Santa to bring you a new one before you can comment/post. Because if its just that you don't LIKE any of us anymore, we'll NEVER forgive you!!!! ;-)
Signed,
On Pins and Needles
hey ronda!!!
yeah...thanks for sending me the christmas card...i am so glad to hear from you...but bummed i didn't get to see you when you were out here!!!
let's chat...
Hugs....Marla Schmaltz
Come back! Come back! Come back to blogworld - - - I MISS you
I was hoping you could come to my blog party on Friday, but you've been gone from blogworld so long now I'm afraid you don't even KNOW about it - - - or that you are out of town.
How's the new house? Hopefully it's good for you! I'm trying to be better at this blogging thing...keep in touch!
Love ya,
J
Post a Comment