Sunday, October 26, 2008

IKEA...

In a galaxy far, far away...
At a time long, long ago...
Dave and I used to live very near an IKEA store. We furnished our whole house with things from there. We had everything from dishes to couches... rugs, bookcases... you name it, it was from IKEA (unless it was a hand-me-down, of course!). We loved that store. We spent our Friday nights roaming the store... most of the time we didn't have money to spend, but we would just wander and dream. I remember the night before Emma was born I wanted to go into labor, so we went there just to walk around... trying to go into labor (it didn't work... but that's a whole different story!). We miss that place! There are days where we wish we could go there, but all we can do now is flip through pages of the catalog (thanks, Jane for sending us the new one!).
We had our fall break this past week. Dave and I decided to take a day trip and go to to IKEA. We went to Cincinnati, OH just to shop... at one store. We drove 3 hours, shopped 3 hours and drove home 3 hours. That was our day. And boy was it fun!
We bought a lot of things... light fixtures, new cups, a new dresser for Anna, a wire rod for Emma to hang her art work on, a new curtain for the sliding glass door. Oh, how I wish there was an IKEA in Indy! or better yet, in Marion!

4 comments:

Boswell said...

My parents live 30 minutes from there. Good stuff. So far I've been to three: Schaumburg, Pittsburgh, and CIncy. I saw one in Oakland, CA but I didn't get to stop.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow - - - am I at the right blog?????

I've never been in an Ikea - - - but they are all the rage with those who have. I SAW one across the highway from the Mall of America - - - and heard it will soon be joined to that mall. (Minneapolis)

I just passed on in Chicago.

Keetha Broyles said...

I voted on your poll - - - but my vote was really a lie.

I said I liked laundry best, when in actuality I HATE all housework, but can just barely tolerate laundry.

:-)

Shannon said...

Yes, there was one where I grew up- it was great when I went to college. I love how everything is so affordable!