I have started getting ready for the upcoming school year. I am excited for what lays ahead. I made a trip to the teacher supply store and was totally overwhelmed. There is so much that I don't have anymore. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff... mostly because I didn't want to move it across country when we moved 7 years ago. I gave some stuff to Dave when he went from teaching middle school to teaching elementary. This feels like my first year all over again... starting from scratch. The only difference this time is that I have some idea of what I lack. My real first year, I was too ignorant to know what I was missing. :-)
As overwhelming as it is, I am enjoying setting up. It is fun to once again have a classroom. I have a lot of work to do, but I know that come August 11, I will be ready for those little kiddos.
2 comments:
Praying for you Ronda! You will do great! It is daunting at first. Every year I am nervous on the first day, but I know you will fall right back into it. You are a great teacher. I just know it.
My advice is "don't put so much pressure on yourself."
Your students won't know "what you need" either.
Post a Comment