Sunday, July 19, 2009

What's new...

We decided to take advantage of Obama's "Cash 4 Clunkers" plan. We traded in our '97 minivan and got more for it than we originally paid for it. Not a bad plan! :-) I never really wanted a minivan. It just made sense at the time (when gas was around $4 a gallon) to not keep the Jeep Cherokee. We did improve gas mileage with the van, but with Obama's deal, we have improved even more! And we didn't have to sacrifice too much space to do it... ok, we did give up a couple of seats, but I now have a much better vehicle - well worth the trade! I bet you're wondering what we got, huh?
First I must start with a story... it all started back in 1992. My dad bought a GREAT car that eventually became mine (the payments became mine too!) I LOVED that car! I got married and Dave also loved that car... until it was totalled in 2001. We have spent the last eight years missing that car. So we made the best attempt to replace it.
The trouble is, that it was a Honda Civic Si Hatchback, and those are no longer made in the states. So, we found a car very similar - a Honda Fit Sport. We got the same blue exterior and black interior. We bought a manual transmission because that is what the Civic had. We are loving it. And let's face it... it looks way cuter than any minivan. :-)

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Cash for clunkers???? NEVER HEARD OF THAT - - - do tell more, please.

Toevs said...

if you're car averages 18 mpg or less, you can trade it for a more fuel efficient car. if you improve your mpg by 4, then you get $3500 for the trade. if you improve by 10 mpg (which we did!) then you get $4500 for your trade... and we didn't even pay that much for the van. it was a good deal!