Sunday, January 02, 2011

Any ideas?

How do you deal with paper clutter? It all piles up... mail, bills, receipts, reminders, etc... I have never found a good system for it all. I am great at organizing "stuff"... the garage has bins labeled for things like screwdrivers, hammers, painting supplies, etc. I have bins tucked away for seasonal clothes, seasonal decorations, etc. My linen closets are organized by the size of bed sheets (twin, full, king, etc). But the paper just piles up... and those piles eventually get tossed into a box... then the boxes pile up... I just can't get it all under control. It stresses me out! How do you deal with it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I scan everything into Evernote; but you know me, I'm the geek of the family.

Keetha Broyles said...

My method is to deal with it IMMEDIATELY when it comes in the mail - - - recycle the junk mail and envelopes, put the bills in my bill file until they need to be paid, and put important papers into whatever is their designated space.

If I don't do this immediately - - - it builds up into the great wall of China.

Of course, now that I'm home and not working full time, it is MUCH EASIER to make myself sort immediately. When I walked in the door from school I NEVER wanted to face a pile of mail.