Time away...
This past weekend I was able to get away for a few days. Although I missed my family, it felt really good to get away. I went to Nashville, TN to the MOPS Int'l Convention. I was with 5 other MOPS moms from our group. It was fun to have some "girl time" as we sat around at night and talked late into the night. It was also refreshing to get to be with 5000 other moms as we worshipped and learned. We got to hear from some great artists and speakers. Kim Hill led worship. We also heard other artists including: Nicole Nordeman, Mark Schultz, Go Fish, and MOC (I must admit - not my favorite). We heard from speakers including: Elisa Morgan (CEO and President of MOPS Int'l), Ken Davis, Priscilla Shirer, Carol Kuykendall (another MOPS person), Donald Miller and Wes Stafford. It was overall, a great time of fun and a time to re-energize. I feel a little more relaxed and that helps me feel like I can be a better wife and mom. And that is ultimately my goal... to be the best wife and mother I can be.
4 comments:
I love Mark Schultz!!!!! I'm jealous.
Yep, it was wonderful! I can still allmost laugh out loud when I think about some of the happenings of the weekend... :)
Jaena, I still have to laugh when I think about you offering to "pick me up". :-) HA HA HA
Sounds fun and refreshing! Wish I could have crawled in your suitcase:)!
Post a Comment