I need help...
We let our kids dress up for Halloween -so long as it is not a creepy costume. Emma decides Nov. 1 what she will be the next year. Last year she decided that this Halloween she wants to be a "My Little Pony". I didn't push it, hoping she would change her mind. But, of course, she hasn't. I have looked everywhere I can think to look... any ideas on how to come up with such a costume? I can't find one in local stores or on the internet. I would have no idea how to make one. Any suggestions?
3 comments:
For her hair you could spray paint it whatever color she wants to be (aren't they pink or purple) and then pull her hair back like the mane, and then buy some rope and attach it to white sweat pants - braid the rope and spray paint it the same color as her hair. I always braided my My Little Pony's hair. if she wore white sweat pants and a white sweatshirt and then had the pink or purple hair and tail, that's a start at least. Black shoes on her feet and hands for hooves? I guess she'd have to crawl around on all fours all night. I got off easy - Anna wants to be a ghost. Elizabeth wants to be a cow, which is a little more difficult, but my mom has an old Gateway computer box in her garage, so we are going to make it work somehow.
Ronda, I found these directions to make a horse costume online. They are similar to things Deb suggested, but I would use pink or purple sweats or clothes so she looked more "magical."
Time: 1 hour
Effort: Fairly easy - some sewing required
Materials:
Matching color shirt and pants
Matching color knit hat
Yarn
Needle with eye large enough for yarn
Black socks and shoes
Black gloves (optional)
Face paint (optional)
Instructions: Sew yarn through hat to create mane, leaving ends 5 inches long. Tie ends together to secure. Make yarn tail desired length. Attach tail from inside of pants with safety pin (being careful about placement of pin so that it won't stick the child). Paint face with white markings.
No suggestions for the costume. Just wanted to let you know that I got my Broken and Beautiful album (Schultz).......and cried.
Post a Comment