Let your light shine...
Last night at church it was family night of worship. Jil was singing a couple of kids songs and asked the kids in SPLASH to come help her. There were actually only 3 kids in the service at the time. Emma was feeling shy because of that. I told her to go up and she hesitated. When I told her again to go to she said first said, "Ok, I'll go, but I will cover my mouth." Then she asked me, "Do I need to let my light shine for everybody?" I was surprised by her profound question, but I simply told her, "Yes, that would be a great idea." So, she went up on stage with Jil and the other 2 girls, sang her heart out, did the motions with enthusiasm, and made her mother proud.
In the car on the way home we were talking about the singing. I told how proud I was that she let her light shine for everyone. She made me proud and more importantly, she made God proud. She said, "My heart was nervous, but I didn't let it show on the outside." Again, I was a proud mother! Along with feeling proud, I thought, "I have a lot to learn from that 5 1/2 year girl!"
6 comments:
Wow! That is profound! She did a great job. :o)
Yep, those overalls have been on some cuties before. I love that outfit, and it fits perfectly right now (though not for long...)
The character and training of her parents is reflected in her actions too:)! You have done well! You definitely should be proud!!:)
I tried to post a comment the other day but it didn't work I guess...??
Oh well, any way, I just said that her light shines also because of the character and direction of her parents. You should be proud of her but also see a reflection of your diligence in her too:)!
Hope you are doing well.
I thought that by now you would have a post titled "Free at Last." Or maybe "Two Weeks and Counting..."
Way to go Emma, those are the moments that make being a parent worth while.
Post a Comment