Saturday, October 21, 2006

Oh, to stay at home...

And that is just what I am going to do. I have resigned from my position as the Early Childhood Director at church. I am going to really be a "stay-at-home-mom" again. I have struggled with it for some time now... being torn between wanting to be with my kids and having to go to work to get things done there. Always feeling behind with the house, the kids, the job, the husband, the laundry, the errands, etc...... No Saturdays with the family because it is a good time to go in when I don't have to worry about who will take care of the kids. I have felt God prompting me to quit and stay home. I didn't think it made sense because we do use the money I make. However, God reminded me that His ways don't always make sense to me. I can't see the whole picture that He sees. I can't get inside His mind and know why He does the things He does or why He asks us to do the things He asks us to do. All I can do is be obedient and follow Him. So I am. I am really excited about it. I am trusting Him to provide for us with our little deduction in pay. I am trusting that He will bring along the right person for the job too. And for Jil's sake, I hope that is soon. :-)
Anyway, I have until Nov. 1 and I am done. I am looking forward to the time with Anna. I had that with Emma, and I don't want to miss out on that time with Anna. They are only this small once, and for such a short time! I want to fully enjoy it!

2 comments:

Jaena said...

Yea for you! And I have that curriculum to give back to you. I haven't ended up doing it with Elisha, for some reason. :o)

Marion said...

I look forward to future posts testifying of God's provision for your obedience! I'm excited for you and I believe you made the right decision:)!