Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gobble, Gobble...

Our church has begun a "turkey ministry", donating turkeys to families in the surrounding neighborhood that wanted one. Individuals or families from church then distributed them this afternoon. Our whole family went. It was fun to see the girls so excited to give something to someone. At the first house, just Dave and Emma got out of the car. Anna cried. At the next house, we all got out. Anna cheered. The girls were so joyful about giving! It was so refreshing. So many times in today's world all we hear about is "give me, give me, give me". As a mom, I hear that a lot from my kids. "I want milk." "I want gum." "Can Camille come play?" "I want to swing.... push me." It was great to see that they can also enjoy the giving. They were disappointed if the family didn't answer and we had to leave the turkey by the door. I really want this holiday season to be about giving, not receiving. This was a great start!

No comments: