Emma's school had invited parents to come and have lunch with their child. Of course I went. Anna went too. It was weird to go and see her in her "world"... a world that I am a stranger to. We ate in the cafeteria and then walked back to the classroom at the end of lunch. I was surprised when the kids all started putting on their coats and hats and scarves and gloves... and went outside to play. I am used to schools in California... there is always a whole playground available... not so here. The playground is covered with snow... except the blacktop area. There wasn't much to do there except run. So the kids ran and chased each other. I froze. Anna had fun running around the playground with her big sister. Then Anna & I left. Emma hardly even noticed. She was busy running after her friend Hailey (who is one of Emma's favorite friends in her class). It was strange and it was good. I can't believe my little girl is growing up before my eyes!
Standing in the hallway of the school
Mommy & Emma - waiting to go into the cafeteria
Anna in the cafeteria
Emma eating her lunch
Emma getting ready to play outside
Emma & Hailey
Outside recess
11 comments:
Emma's hair is getting so long! I think it makes her look older. She;s growing up for sure...let me know if you figure out how to stop it. :)
Jaena
That is so fun, I bet that just made Emma's day to have mommy at school!! Yes, running in the snow is quite entertaining. It's different when you're older!!
Just wait until two more years when you have two of them there!
BTW, I got to level 180. At level 100, it starts over and you just repeat the first 100. I can't tell any changes. I was pretty excited, because I figured it would be no problem to conquer it. However, 180 tripped me up, Elizabeth almost cried, and I wanted to punch the monitor. I started the game Monday night and then finished it Tuesday morning - all in all probably 3 hours. I haven't played since.
I heard there was a great music teacher at Emma's school. :)
Yes, Anon, Emma loves her music teacher. How'd you know she was so great? HA HA HA
"Oh how the years go by!" right?! I can't believe how mature both girls look in those pictures. Precious times and precios memories!
I bet it was so special for Emma to have her mom there. Those are the days they remember!
....a little bird told me.
:)
Hey,
Great pictures. Your girls are soooo cute. Sorry we weren't at church yesterday. I am having an allergic reaction to something and my eyes are really swollen...like 80 year old lady bags.
Beth
P.S. A word to the wise about Little Miss Sunshine...although it sounds like it, it's not a kids movie. If you can get over the language and dysfunctionality of the family, the end theme about togetherness is really well done.
Do you have shoveler's ache yet? Our snow is finally almost melted and as strange as it may sound I think Eric and I got somewhat attached to it. Tee hee - maybe you will get attached to your piles too:D! Have a great week!
I took a blogging break over the last few days because I thought I would go for the pengapop internet record. At the time I thought it was 24 million, but now I see it is 104 million. Seeing as how it took me 3 days to get to 10 million (level 475, and then I died) I am glad that my game is over, normal life can continue, and I can take the sign off the computer that says "Please Do Not Use - Game On." Oh yeah, it doesn't stop at level 200 like I thought. It keeps going, and going, and going...
Post a Comment