Friday, February 09, 2007

Survivor

"Survivor" started last night.... no, I did not watch it. I did watch it a few seasons ago, but not anymore. It got old, just like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and "Seventh Heaven". Actually, since we cancelled cable, there isn't much I can watch these days. We do get "Deal or No Deal", but that one got old really fast!

I am in my own reality of "Survivor". I am trying to survive the winter... wow, is it cold! I am still a California girl at heart and to get used to this is still a challenge... don't get me wrong, I enjoy living in Indiana, it is just an adjustment every time the temperatures drop! It is also still scary for me to drive in the snow. I am not as afraid as I was that first winter, but I would much rather drive on snow free, ice free roads. But I am surviving...

I am also surviving the toddler years. Somedays are better than others. Yesterday was not such a good day... I am praying today is better, and so far, it is.

I am surviving having a child who is not really interested in potty training. I know it would really help our finances if she would just use the toilet, but I am surviving...

I am surviving having a child in school. It is strange to drop her off everyday and leave her there for so many hours. I can't control who she has in the classroom, how the other kids act, or even how she acts. Thankfully she is a good student. I am surviving...

I am surviving living life on one income. It has it's challenges but we are managing. If only it didn't cost so much to fly to CA to see Dave's family and so many of our friends... But I am surviving...

"I will survive!" :-)

4 comments:

Marion said...

I still LOVE Survivor - tee hee:). I would try to get on the show if I wasn't a mother of toddlers at the moment. You would have to watch it again then!! Hee hee:)!

Any way, I know what you mean about being a survivor. I feel like that is all I am doing most days - and today is one of those days. Thanks for lightening it up and putting it in a good perspective for me:).

Unknown said...

I can relate! Anytime you need to get away to Starbuck's, I will gladly meet you there to share "survival" tips. :)

Unknown said...

oops, that was Jaena, not Jim...must be signed in as him

Deb said...

Okay I, I mean Anna, got the downloaded version of Pengapop. I think it is 200 levels, but I was only able to make it to level 46 before dying. Some of those next levels are tough! You have to bank your balls off the sides to reach the treats on some boards. And board 46, the one I died on (twice) I still haven't figured out how to reach the treat.