Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Somewhere in Time...

The decade, the 80's. I have many memories of that era. It is funny to see things in the stores now and think, "I wore that when I was in high school". Some things are back, and some should never have been around the first time! :-)

A couple of years ago we had a 70's party. It was a groovy party. Now we are gearing up for another decade party... the 80's party. We have plenty of music to play... if we can only find a cassette player that still works. :-) I think it will be a totally rad party!



I remember my mom listening to 50's music and being nostalgic. I couldn't imagine feeling that way about MY music... Duran Duran and Wham would be around forever, wouldn't they? Then there was also Boy George, Cindy Lauper, Madonnna, Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Smiths and so many more!

I remember styles too, like crimped hair, skirts with leggings underneath (a style that is "back"), lots of bangle bracelets, big belts, neon colors, bleached jeans, Members Only jackets, Ray-Ban sunglasses... and again, so much more.

Planning the party makes it fun to think back to "my era". I just need to find some baby blue and mauve country decor for my house... my red and brown just isn't going to cut it for the party. :-)

3 comments:

jenny marvin mealy said...

AH yes the wonderful 80's. I remember them like it was yesterday, too bad the memories are not all that great.

I just might be able to find you a tape player if you need one-Mark keeps everything!!!

The party sounds great! What a fun night.

Lisa said...

Guess you're just plain "old"! As we discussed in Sunday School, I didn't go to high school in the 80's! I also can't stand most of the styles that are in now (again), but than again, I can't say I sit at the top of the style list (or ever have for that matter)! I must admit you are more stylin' than me!

I know I can make big hair tho! It doesn't seem to take much with this current hair do!

Unknown said...

I would do anything for these low-waisted jeans and pants that they sell 'nowadays' to be out of style. My bottom just doesn't fit in them.

I just wish those Guess jeans were still in, although isn't it funny that the price of jeans really haven't changed?

Aww...Duran Duran! I thought I'd never be sick of their music, and now I just giggle when I hear a song.