The "Locks"

The Length
The Cut
The "Love"
The New Look!
Emma has been growing her hair out for the last couple of years. She decided when she was four years old that she wanted to donate her hair to Locks of Love. Emma has a gift of wanting to help others and to make them feel better. She wanted to share her hair with someone who had lost hair due to an illness or disease. I am proud of her for not wavering in her goal. When she set the goal, I wondered what would happen as time passed... would she change her mind? Would she become really attached to her long hair? Would it be hard for her to suddenly chop it all off? But she is an amazing kid! I should have known she would stand firm in her decision.On Monday night she told me she was ready. She wanted to do it on Thursday. Why Thursday? I have no idea! She just thought it would be a good day to get her hair cut. So, I called and made her a hair appointment for Thursday at 9am. She never had any second thoughts, and even now, minus almost 12 inches of hair, she still has no regrets. She only has pride in herself that she is helping another person. I am proud of her!
7 comments:
You should be proud of her - but hats off to the parents who instilled in her a sense of community and giving back. The act was an expression of you too. Well done you and well done Emma! What a beautiful and inspiring life moment. Thanks for sharing!
Ditto what Marion said, and the new cut is very adorable on her too!!!
Wow! Cute cut. I'll have to look twice when I see them at church now with haircuts so similar!
What a great gift.
Way to go, Emma! You and your hair are beautiful!
Wow! The girls and I did the same thing and I just now caught this post. Funny, I just posted about our experience with hair too.
Good job Emma!
Emma,
I just wanted to tell you that I was so excited to see you on my post. School will be starting in a month, can you believe that? Enjoy the rest of your summer!
I am going to do the same thing and am cutting it really short on the 23rd of August! Wish me lucK! I'll try to send pictures!
Jana
Post a Comment