Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Isolation

I am feeling a little isolated from the world right now. We FINALLY got our phone turned on - after a week of trying. We still don't have DSL yet. They say we are 500 feet too far away. We have called and called on it... we might be able to get it, but it will take another week at least... I think we'll go wireless! I had our mail forwarded, but now we are not getting mail at either the house. So, with no snail mail, no email (or internet) and a new phone number that most people don't know, I am feeling a little isolated!

We are about as settled into our "teeny tiny house" as we are going to be. Our basement is loaded with boxes and tools and other stuff we are not using for the next few months. Life is simpler that way, I guess.

We meet with the construction people tomorrow for our "pre-construction" appointment. After that, they will start building. So far our new lot is marked on all four corners and they have marked where on the lot the house will be. Pretty exciting!

We are also excited because my parents finally sold their house! They will close September 15. They already found a rental and it just about 3 blocks from where we are renting. Once their new house is built, they will be our backyard neighbors! Pretty cool! They girls are really excited about that!

And in other news.... Emma started first grade yesterday. She is loving it. Her teacher seems great. I asked Emma today how school was and she said, "It was GREAT!"

Anna starts preschool next week. She'll go 3 mornings a week. I am looking forward to that. :-) Hopefully I will be able to help out in Emma's class once in a while during that time.

Oh, in case anyone wants to reach me... our old phone number tells you our new phone number. Don't hesitate to call! :-) And until we get internet access, I will periodically check from my parents' house - as I am doing right now.

So, until next time...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Whooo HOO!!! I'm so glad you have a phone. I'm thrilled your parents house sold, and glad you are "settled."

I'm sorry you feel isolated. I'm only about a mile away! I'd love to have a visit! Call me! We'll go to Tree of LIfe!

How exciting about the house/lot. I can't imagine the excitement you guys are facing with it! I haven't been back there, but I'm blown away each time I go that way by the houses that have popped up! It's so fast!

Keetha Broyles said...

I missed you - - - glad you found a way to get back on here!!

Jaena said...

Any time you are feeling isolated, you can just come on over. :o)

Shannon said...

I found you! Loved last night- thanks for hanging! I'm glad we're neighbors!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hello girl - - - how ya doing??? Still feeling isolated??? I miss you!!!