I just thought I would share a funny little story of how much Emma really is like her father.
Dave has told me stories about when he was a boy. Ever see the movie Sleepless in Seattle? Remember how the boy and his friend used codes to talk? Well that was Dave as a kid. He used to tell his parents, "G.N." instead of "Good Night". He would be sick and bed (on occasion - not all the time) and tell his mom he would just shout out a signal that he needed her instead of actually calling for her.
Fast forward to Emma. She says, "N-O" instead of "No". The other day she said to me, "1-4-3". I had to ask what she was talking about. She was saying, "I love you". Then last night she did it again... sounded just like her father.
A little side note here... in this little house the girls are in the same room (actually, they have always shared a room - that's one reason we bought a new house... I can't wait!) Anyway, Anna is SUPER CHATTY when it is bedtime, so Emma usually ends up going to bed in our room and we move her when we go to bed. Last night we were reading stories in our room and sent the girls off to bed. Anna went first. Dave left the room and it was just Emma and myself for a minute. She asked if she could stay in my bed. I told her to try to sleep in her room first, but if Anna was bothering her, we would have her move.
Here is what Emma said... sounding just like Dave!
"Instead of telling me to move, just say, 'EEEE' and then I'll know what you mean."
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?
2 comments:
That is soooo cute! I might have to borrow the 1-4-3 code! That one is pretty clever:)!
I'm loving it!!! I also think it means she's really really really 5.
(That's code for s-m-a-r-t)
Post a Comment