Monday, February 25, 2008

Facebook Phenomenon

I have had several friends tell me to join Facebook. I have not done it, until today... mostly because I just haven't had time to sit down and try to figure it out. Of course the lack of internet proved to be a reason too.
Now that I have joined the "cult" as one friend said, I have found a few things to be true:
  • It is fun to be able to be in contact with many friends from many stages of life.
  • I have been able to reconnect with people I haven't spoken with in years... and I have only been apart of this since about 1:00 this afternoon.
  • The trouble with it is that I don't want to leave the computer... I want to know how many friends I have (I am up to 20 so far) and I want to see who is leaving comments.
  • I think people comment more on Facebook than on blogs!
  • Like anything new, it is addicting at the start.
But can anyone tell me what a "poke" is?

8 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

POKE:

1) Finger jab in someone's ribs

2) A brown paper bag i.e. "a pig in a poke"

3) A very s l o w person

4) Cowboy (cow poke)

5) Jail - - - well, I guess that's pokey, but close enough

I think that's all I've got!!!

The Miller Clan said...

Hey Ra,
I checked out the facebook thing. Haven't had much time to spend on it, but will give it a try when time! Not sure what a poke is! Good luck finding out.

Toevs said...

Keetha,
I like your definitions. :-) I still haven't figured what a poke is on Facebook, though. I am afraid to try it since I don't know what it is. What if it is something bad... It is kind of like learning a new language. I won't want to say a "bad" word without realizing it. ha ha

Shannon said...

I don't really know, but I like getting poked!! Oh and don't get Keetha started on facebook- she'll be addicted!

Keetha Broyles said...

Don't worry, Shannie - - - I've LOOKED at FaceBook and I don't like it - - - so I'll just stick to my old fashioned addiction (by comparison) to blogging. :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Ronda, my kids are all facebookites, so I asked Keri what a poke is and here is what she said:

It just puts a message on the other person's profile. Like this:

"You have been poked by Keetha!"

Marion said...

OH MY GOSH!! Why not myspace?!;) But yes, yes, yes and amen to your blog...You will spend more time on Facebook, reap more comments, and have to set a timer to leave your computer - which you will most likely ignore for one last...whatever:). Welome to the club:)...If you want to waste more time I'm on myspace - trying not to bend to the Facebook addiction:). XO

Lisa said...

It is addicting. I also see it like blogs...I haven't updated my blog in a LONG time! I guess it goes to show when life gets busy...it's best to let some things sit on the back burner and just "poke" at you when you leave them there. I like to blog and facebook, but I got addicted, so...now I stepped away from my addiction (No, I'm still saved!)

Anyway, welcome to the new (to you) world of facebook!