Friday, February 01, 2008

I haven't forgotten all of you...

Have you forgotten all about me?

We are enjoying life in our new house... except for the fact that we have to replace our heat pump! The terrible winds on Tuesday night knocked the heat pump on its side, causing it to cease working. We have had to file a claim with our homeowners insurance and they should be putting the new one in today sometime. We have been heating our house with a kerosene heater since Wednesday. I am getting a little tired of being cold and smelling kerosene throughout the house! The heater is actually doing a pretty good job... considering the house is 2300 square feet. Electricity is not cheap, but neither is kerosene. It costs more per gallon than gas. Not fun. But all things considered, we are doing well in the house.

We still don't have internet, but at this point, that is our fault and no one else's. We simply just can't afford it right now (since cable is our only option). So we are putting it off as long as we can... which won't be too much longer since Dave will need it for school (he is currently not taking any classes this semester because of the issue).

I have to get back home now and wait for the call that the new heat pump is on its way. I will try to post again soon. Sorry for the lack of postings lately. I am sorry to make all my fans keep reading the same posts over and over again. Please don't leave my fan club. Ha Ha

Happy February 1st to all of you that read this... Keetha, I guess that means you. :-)

10 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

YIPPEEEE!!! I got my name in your post!!!

Yep - - - I read it.

Yep - - - I miss you.

I CANNOT believe your brand new heat pump was blown over!!! SURELY they must not have installed it correctly. I'd be making them do a better job this time!!!!

The Miller Clan said...

I am reading!!!! That is such a bummer when things that are brand new get ruined!Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
J

Lisa said...

Oh you of little faith...some of the others of us are pretty faithful too! I check the blog at least once/wk to see if there is news from you since I only see you at church!

Keetha Broyles said...

I think she'd like you to leave COMMENTS so she knows you were here. Me, I TALK, so commenting is WHAT I DO!!! ;-)

Toevs said...

Keetha, you're right... if no comments are made, how do I know anyone reads my blog? I appreciate your faithfulness. :-)

Beth said...

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here...

Shannon said...

Nice to hear from you! If you're too cold- you can come over here!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Speaking of being too cold - - - how IS your heat situation?

Yes, my time stamp is CORRECT if it says 1:40 am or there about.

I'm miserable with a cold and I can't stop sneezing or get my nose to stop running long enough to go to sleep.

YIKES - - - - that means I may have to do the dreaded "make plans for a sub" tomorrow - - - which I guess is now today.

Keetha Broyles said...

Yep - - - I stayed home.

I took the "easy" way out of sub plans and had all my classes watch a science DVD.

Jaena said...

I still read, I just don't check in as often because I know you can't post as often without internet. Miss you - in blog land and real life!