A Day At the Pumpkin Patch...
Emma's class went on a field trip yesterday. It was the first field trip they have taken. All four Kindergarten classes went to the Pumpkin Patch. Five parents from each classroom were allowed to chaperone the event. Emma begged me to go, which of course I wanted to do anyway. So I spent my day with her kindergarten class. What a wild bunch! Her teacher definitely has her hands full! The kids were not bad or mean, just full of energy. They had to pair up with a partner for the day. When Emma was asked if she wanted to pair up with a certain student, Emma said, "I am not sure if she will be a good example". Yea, that would be my daughter... not wanting to pair up with a student that wasn't strictly obeying the rules. At the time the teacher asked, the student was laying on the floor - when they were supposed to be sitting. Emma was paired up with her anyway. They did fine.
At the pumpkin patch, the children got to do all kinds of activities. They played in a miniature straw maze with a slide in it, hunted for pumpkins, went on a hay ride, chased balloons inside a giant pumpkin, ate pumpkin bars, played pin the nose on the pumpkin, went on a scavenger hunt, and more. I think the most exciting part though for some, was the bus ride. As we were getting off the bus back at school, Emma told the bus driver, "My mom won't let me ride the bus". Gotta love how she'll say exactly what she thinks and feels. :-)
It was fun to spend the day with her. Her excitement to have me there was priceless! I am sure the day will come when it won't be "cool" to have mom chaperone and event. I will enjoy it while it lasts! Of course, I will always be a "cool" mom, so maybe it will last... ha ha ha.
4 comments:
Sounds like fun! I vaguely remember going to the pumpkin patch as a kid...did they have pumkin patches in California?
Sounds fun! We are pumpkin patching this weekend too! Maybe I'll have a picture or two to post on Monday:).
You are a cool mom and don't let your kids forget it :)
It must be Pumpkin Patch week. I did the same thing. Did you know that the Patch doesn't grow their own pumpkins anymore. They buy them.....cheaper.
I tried to get the celebrity site to work for me. It didn't work, so I found my own match. You'll have to view my most recent post.
Post a Comment