Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reality bites...

My alarm went off this morning... something I haven't used in a couple of weeks. After laying in bed listening to Billy Joel sing "My Life" and reminiscing for a minute about watching Bosom Buddies, I got out of bed and got ready for the day. I had to wake the girls up and neither one was too happy. Emma said her eyes were open, but she was still asleep. Anna cried that she had to get dressed and couldn't stay in p.j.'s all day. Then it was off to school for Emma. She begged me to walk her in and after fighting with Anna to get out of the car, we made it inside the school only to have Emma take off and never look back. She didn't say goodbye or even care that we were walking behind her. Why did I walk her in? I could've just dropped her off, saved Anna from walking in and saved myself a headache. But once Emma was at school and it was just Anna and me, all was calm. Thankfully, Anna and I had a mellow day. Oh the joys of reality! I wish Dave could be on a [paid] vacation forever... and that Emma's school started at 9:30 instead of 7:50 and went until 12:00, so pick up time didn't interfere with naptime... and that the girls were happy to see each other in the morning... and ... Why doesn't the world revolve around me and what I want? Reality just isn't as much fun as my dreamworld. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this morning was rough when the alarm went off. Glad the weekend is just a couple of days away.

Anonymous said...

LOL - is that what I have to look forward to in a couple of years?

PS - left a reply to your comment on my blog too:). Hope you are well this a.m.!:)

Deb said...

We found out we shouldn't let the kids sleep in until 10:30 the day before school starts back because ten hours later they are not ready yet to go back to bed.

Boswell said...

It's hard for adults too...I was always told that the older I got, the easier it was going to be to get up. I mean, my grandparents are up at like 5am. What is that? Why isn't it happening to me?