Friday, March 09, 2007

Birthday Weekend


This marks the beginning of the birthday celebrations for Emma's 6th birthday.
It started with making the cake... my first official "decorated" cake. I started with a tiara cake pan and then used some fancy cake decorating tools to make the final product. Not perfect by any means, but I am pleased with my first cake! Emma is excited about her cake and last night claimed that this will be her "best birthday ever!"
Tonight is another first... her first "sleepover". Her friend Camille is sleeping over tonight. We will play "tea party" and decorate cookies.
Tomorrow we go to a "tea party" at Aunt Sue's Tea Room. It is a girl event with Emma, Camille, Anna, Mommy, Nan, Aunt Jil and... Daddy! Emma really wanted her Daddy to be a part of the celebration. The girls will get really dressed up and wear gloves, boas and fancy hats.
Sunday is her actual birthday. We will celebration with the "fam" with lunch after church.
Monday she gets to celebrate at school. She gets 4 days out of this! I say, "Milk it for all it's worth!" Hey, you only turn 6 once. :-)

4 comments:

Jaena said...

I think your cake looks fabulous! I'm very impressed. Did you use the skills and techniques you learned at the MOPS "How To" day?

I will loan you the cookbook, but I have to write down how to cook the food that is in my freezer. :)

Toevs said...

Jaena,
Yes, in fact I did use the skills I learned at our MOPS "How To" day. :-)
Thanks for the cookbook loan!

RT

Anon said...

Good job on the cake! I love cake decorating!

I'm so glad Emma's birthday is here! She's been reminding the last two weeks at school and then when I saw her today she announced, "Today is my actual birthday!" I said, "Finally!"

:)

Beth said...

The cake looks good, much better than I could do! Was the dot by dot frosting hard to pull off or easier than it looks?