Before the big party, we all went to church. Davy, Andy & Johnny (Dave and Ruthi's youngest ones) were singing in church. They were gathering up on stage before the service. Anna saw them up there and said she wanted to go too. So she stood between the twins and sang as if she she belonged there. She was imitating the hand motions of the director and trying to sing along, even though she didn't know the song. The next song was "Jesus Loves Me" and she knew that one. She was so cute to watch. Of course the boys were too. I just wish I had my camera with me at church. After their performance, Anna had no trouble going into class with her cousins. It didn't bother her at all that I was leaving her in an unfamiliar setting because she was with Andy and Johnny.
After church, we went back to the house and prepared for guests to arrive. As people started coming, Anna showed signs of tiredness. So I put her to bed and she slept through most of the party. Emma had fun running around with her cousins.
It was a great celebration of Otto and Norma's 50 years of marriage. There were 60-70 people that came to celebrate with them. The children all spoke and gave a tribute to them. I think they were really blessed by it all.
It was nice to finally meet some relatives that I have never met before. And it was good to see some relatives that we haven't seen in years... some since our wedding. We also had the chance to catch up with some friends.
All in all, it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment